Couple weeks ago I introduced you to my friend and one of my role models when it comes to entrepreneurship, leadership, community involvement and volunteer work Kaig, the founder of PCFC, Portland Community Football Club.
As the players are getting ready for the 5th Season, Kaig and team are in crunch time mode too, trying to get the funds the club needs to make sure we can keep the standards of last season, elevate our game on all levels and keep doing what PCFC is all about:
All for soccer. Soccer for all.
Portland Community Football Club (PCFC) offers an inclusive and equal opportunity for youth between 5-16 years old to participate in a club environment with quality coaching and at an affordable cost.
Each player has the chance to participate in four different seasons where they will receive a kit (jersey, shorts, socks and a jacket), have access to cleats and shin guards, if needed, and be under the coaching of our volunteers, all with (or on their way to earning) an “E” level National Coaching License.
Every youth should have an opportunity to play soccer. No one will be turned away for lack of funds. Cost of play is $20 – $50 per season depending on the level of play. Families do not need to prove income to receive scholarships and we will do everything we can to provide important information, forms, and communications in-language for those who speak English as a second language.
PCFC is committed to being a completely inclusive club. We are the first youth soccer club in Portland to have an open acceptance policy for Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender and Queer (LGBTQ) players, coaches, staff and families. Our Founder and Director of Coaching, Kaig Lightner, is an open transgender man who strongly believes that sports provided him with the guidance and strength he needed as a youth. He wants to make sure other youth who identify as LGBTQ find a home at PCFC.
Since the players are too young (under 16) to be recruited by Manchester United or Chicago Fire yet to be able to give back to their home town club where they once started their careers (give us a couple more years ;-)), we are looking for you and your support for the annual PCFC fundraiser, coming up on May 13th!!
Why support PCFC ?
- Completely community driven. Give your kid the chance to play soccer in the closest park next to your house. We go block by block, park by park.
- You want to get more involved in your community because you are as scared as we are by the current US president? Start where you are: Meet people of all races, genders, backgrounds, countries through the club. Act local, think global. You can make a difference!
- Get out there and be active yourself while yourself while your kids are playing. Parents work-out opportunities to be launched soon as well.
- 100% transparency: See where your money goes, meet the club officials whenever you want and follow PCFC on Facebook, Instagram and their website.
- No minimum: We appreciate everything: No matter if it is equipment, money, good connections or your just your valued time (please check out the volunteering programs on PCFC.co as well), we greatly appreciate everything!
- We are beyond grateful, thankful and passionate about what we do and how we do it.
- It’s all about the kids. And: Playing Soccer with the kids. Pure Love for the game and its players. Nothing else.
We look forward seeing you on May 13th or anytime earlier. #getoutthere #pcfcsoccer!
Thank you in advance sharing this article and any donations made through the website www.pcfc.co.