Kitchen, bath room, living room, office and oh of course – we have a walking sneaker closet.
Our lovely friends need a place as well, don’t they?
It’s a lot of work to inventory #doIhavethismodellalready, store and maintain your beloved sneakers, that’s for sure!
We have come a long way and tried out all kinds of storage solution before ending up with an easy shelf system (you can buy one at Home Depot, Ikea or even might be able to find a good start at a garage sale close by your house). That’s the easy part. #besidesthespaceyouneedforit.
It’s super important to keep the boxes (I am still mad at myself that I didn’t do so in the beginning). It’s better for the shoes and it’s way easier to stack them).
The reason why I didn’t keep the boxes when I started collecting years ago was that I wanted to see them all and I felt that they will be hidden in the boxes. Besides that, I felt I did not have enough space in my apartment back then.
Of course, I could have taken pictures back then but it seemed way to complicated (camera, printing, etc). And Polaroid was way too expensive for the amounts we already had and were dreaming of.
After learning the box lesson (you can even de-fold them when travelling, it’s super easy; it saves room in your suit case and protects the box) we started working on the photography process. My better half had more patience and passion as well as I was under the assumption I could keep it all in mind by the label and I won’t forget as fast as he would.
What can I say without opening the boxes from time to time and sorting out my current seasonal favorites and putting them on display I was lost from time to time and it made me mad as well that I would forget to wear a piece of the liberty collection or bring the Paris City Pack with me when going to Paris.
Anyway – last year and my super trooper mini printer changed it all for me.
Here we go with our latest and greatest routine:
- Get a new pair of sneakers. I love my new Nike Airmax95 ARM found at &other stories.
- Find a nice back ground in your house. We always use our Charles&Ray Eames Chair from Vitra for the perfect back ground for example.
- Take a picture with your smart phone device.
- Send it to your little Canon SELPHY printer. I love this printer and I print all kinds of photos with it. It takes less than a minute and it’s just awesome. It’s an easy digital gadget that makes me sooo happy.
- Stick the pic to the box.
- Put in in your closet and be DONE.
- Enjoy choosing your kicks of the day every morning and keep collecting.
Even if you are not a sneaker head – this is an awesome storage method to collect shoes in general or any other item #itsallaboutthelittlethings.
Leave a Reply