Don’t worry – Fridays and Saturdays, too.
I am born in Frankfurt and raised in Offenbach.
The best description I ever heard about Offenbach is: “Offenbach is the Brooklyn of Frankfurt”.
It’s so true to me.
It has a little rougher history but it’s up and coming right now, super eclectic, known for one of the best art universities in the country and just a nice little city to live in that has been grown on everybody that has moved there (as far as I know). It famous for its leather industry which needed hard-working, honest and good people as well as for its soccer club Kickers Offenbach which is another subject ( we have a very emotional hate love relationship).
One of Offenbach’s places to be and must-see is its huge farmer’s market.
The farmers market has always been there, it has always been big but never too busy not to go, always charming and you can get the best assortment of fresh, organic, local fruits, vegetables, cheeses, bread, eggs, flowers – just food in general.
Located at the Wilhelmsplatz #wilhelmsplace which is surrounded by charming cafés with indoor and outdoor seating as well as some cute shops around it is the perfect entertainment for a network meeting on a Tuesday morning, a ladies brunch at the farmers market or a little family entertainment or community meet-and-great on a Saturday morning.
My signature run of show for a visit on a Tuesday, Friday or Saturday:
- Get there sometime in the am (market hours are 07:30a – 2p).
- Do a first round of shopping (everything that doesn’t need to be cooled or watered)
- Stop by Cafébar am Wochenmarkt (Kafeeroesterei Laier) for a little coffee break.
- Do a second round of shopping (flowers, cheeses, spreads, charcuterie)
- Have brunch or lunch at one of the café bar restaurants located around the farmer’s market, like Tafelspitz&Soehne or Morleos.
- Before heading back stop by a cute little boutique called “4Zimmer+Garten” #4rooms+garden and treat yourself with a little something.
Enjoy your indoor or outdoor lunch, watch people, meet some friends or just read your newspaper and you will have a good time. Promise!
No matter if you happen to be in town or if you live close by, have heard about it but never never been, check it out and you will have a good day. For sure. Give it a try ;-).